Small grants projects that will be most likely to receive funding
- Initiate a public or community service program;
- Support for alumni association events;
- Organize training programs or conferences for professional colleagues and/or other
- Grants for travel of Eurasian and Southeast European alumni within Europe and Eurasia,
including regional alumni events;
- Cost-sharing for specific international travel grants for alumni to the U.S to attend
relevant conferences, meetings, etc.;
- Networking events;
- Develop and publish textbooks, brochures, pamphlets, or related reference or educational
materials on topics that further USG assistance goals;
- Conduct other projects that support democratic and economic reform initiatives.
Priority will be given to those proposals that include alumni from multiple categories
and/or involve other PAS programs, e.g. American Corners.
Information we need:
- Summary of Project: (needs to include all the info that you would put in the first
paragraph of press release)
- Organization: (we frequently use IREX or ACTR or PH to organize these, also can go
through an alumni association or even the corners association.)
- Program Description: (more detail about what the program entails, whos
- Program Goals:
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- Post Justification: <<We will fill this in>>>
- Project Dates:
- Description of previous alumni or other USG grants: (if any)
- Budget: (make sure that food/drink do not exceed 25% of grant, okay to include
honorarium, materials, etc. do not inflate prices!)
31st October - completion of projects;
30 September - obligation of funds (latest);
1 August - submission of projects (latest).
Send proposals to Anna Poplavko at PoplavkoAV@state.gov.
All proposals receive final funding approval from EUR/ACE.